Senior Gameplay Programmer
About the job
We are looking for an experienced, competent Unity gameplay programmer to join the team, to help design and implement features on our upcoming little people games! Ideally you’ll be able to turn your hand to lots of different areas - game logic, AI, interface... a bit of everything. The kinds of games we make call for someone creative but with a good understanding of how complex systems can create emergent behaviour. We’re thinking over 5 years’ experience, but we would accept fewer for very talented individuals. You do need enough knowledge of Unity and C#, to be quite self-sufficient though.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with art and design to take features through design, implementation and testing
- Creating elegant, maintainable and robust code in Unity and C#
- Planning your own work as part of an agile team
The ideal candidate would have:
- Working knowledge of Unity and C#
- 5 years’ game industry experience (or less if you’re amazing!)
- All the usual programming skills: source control, code architecture, debugging, testing, some awareness of CPU and memory performance
- All the usual soft skills: problem solving, teamwork, communication, organisation, time management, self-motivation, desire to learn
- Of course, a love for games!
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Experience and interest in AI
- Deep experience with performance optimisation
- History of shipped high quality games
- Experience with console development
- 3D graphics knowledge
About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
Why work with us?
- As part of SEGA Europe you’ll be joining a dynamic family of studios that includes Creative Assembly, Amplitude, Relic, Sports Interaction and HARDlight. Cross-studio events promote a sense of community and a collaborative culture.
- Our brand new offices, based in the centre of Farnham, are readily accessible by car, train or bus. We completed a long-awaited move during lockdown, meaning we’ve not been there much yet… but our headquarters are beautiful, shiny and fresh out of their luxurious box.
- Work among, learn from and contribute to an experienced team. Hear plenty of classic stories, as well as the odd scandalous anecdote, from the industry's past.
- Some of us were remote working, part-time, before Covid and we expect this to increase once the world is back to ‘normal’. For some applicants we would consider remote working full-time.
- Flexible working schedule & generous bonus scheme.
We also offer a great benefits package!
- Generous pension scheme & income protection.
- BUPA private medical, dental insurance & health screening.
- Babylon app (24/7 online access to healthcare info services, prescriptions and GPs).
- Life insurance, spouse/partner life insurance, critical illness cover & will writing.
- Travel insurance.
- Udemy training licence.
- A range of flexible benefits, including: discount cards, gym-flex scheme, home technology purchases and ride to work scheme.