VP Engineering - Video Clients and Devices
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of Engineering - Amazon IVS, Twitch is looking for a new VP of Engineering to join our video platform team to lead Video Devices and Clients. You will decide the mission of your team, inspiring and motivating your team to pursue that mission and setting strategic goals for them to achieve in that pursuit. You have a balanced understanding of business and technical goals and your guidance is sought out because your decisions promote the best outcomes for both. You own a set of customer and video metrics important to the business, and improve outcomes for the business by setting goals against these metrics.
You have familiarity with apps, games, video or streaming services. You are comfortable managing large engineering teams and a passion for technology and delighting Twitch and AWS viewers customers around the globe. This is a new position created to build new client and video technologies for Twitch and Amazon's live streaming service, Amazon IVS. This team manages all video playback on devices and browsers for both Twitch and Amazon IVS that touch hundreds of millions of users. This team has the highest visibility within Twitch's video organization necessitating the need to identify you with ownership and delivery of high-quality video playback for both Twitch and AWS customers.
- Collaborate with CxO's across our customers to discuss business while being simultaneously comfortable in discussing engineering directly
- Hire and scale an organization, changing it from a startup like focus to one that scales sustainably within a test-driven culture
- Create an organization of multiple engineering directors and provide long-term direction
- Create new industry video standards by mentoring your team
- Take a data-driven approach to drive video and playback experiences and roadmaps
- Hire and develop the best with experience around diversity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience with mobile and embedded devices using C/C++
- 10+ years people management experience
- 5+ years experience managing software development managers and an organization of at least 25+ people
- Experience working with P&L's to inform technical and business prioritization
- Experience restructuring or reengineering organizational processes for a measurable positive impact on revenue generation
- Familiarity with networking (TCP/UDP), video pipelines and video standards with HLS and WebRTC
- Have shipped/worked on developer facing products (SDKs)
- Masters Degree
- Experience with AWS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.