(Closed) Technical Operations Lead
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
As a Technical Operations Lead, you will work in conjunction with Twitch’s revenue focused teams including ad operations, and work closely with the ads engineering team on resolving production issues. This role is the primary technical resource and point of contact for advertising based troubleshooting, QA escalation, and 3rd party vendor on boarding, among other responsibilities. The ideal candidate would have a background in ad operations, have a technically focused and curious mindset, with experience using ad servers for video, VAST, and VPAID.
- Subject matter expert on technical specifications of Twitch’s ad serving ecosystem across web, mobile, console, and OTT, acting as a liaison for technical issues between revenue teams
- Provide technical support and act as a primary escalation point for revenue teams including ad operations and advanced media teams. This includes diagnosing and communicating technical investigations around VAST error reporting, investigating erroneous creatives, and 3rd party reporting discrepancies to ad ops and client facing teams
- Advise and participate in rollout and QA plans for revenue focused initiatives in conjunction with sales, engineering, and product
- Documenting, training, and educating cross functional teams on technical matters including industry trends and internal projects
- Support and communicate technical operations efforts on a global scale, supporting direct sales efforts based out of North America, EMEA, APAC, LatAm, and more
- 3+ years in technical operations/online media
- Deep knowledge and experience with video ad serving, ideally in DFP
- Deep understanding of VAST and VPAID specs and troubleshooting
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with 3rd party ad serving vendors such as DCM, Sizmek, MOAT, Double Verify, Innovid, comScore, Nielsen and IAS
- Able to navigate technical conversations with roles varying from sales directors to engineers and everyone in between
- Able to debug ad network requests and responses via browser console and a debugging proxy such as Charles
- Experienced and knowledgeable of the Twitch platform and Twitch advertising experience
- Experience leveraging SQL or other query language to manage large amounts of data
- Experience troubleshooting and testing new third party ad serving technology, such as viewability, audience verification, and attribution tracking
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.