(Closed) Systems Development Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with a focus on exceeding expectations, who operates with vision. A person who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer-first partnerships across all boundaries, and has the desire to evolve the value of Twitch IT’s engineering organization. You’ll help create internal applications that support the corporate side of Twitch. You’ll also work with our Production Operations group to enable performance, reliability, scalability monitoring and metrics. Lastly, you’ll mentor other engineers and define a solid technology foundation to further iterate upon. You will be a solid Systems Engineer, who is proficient in developing automation and manage systems, and who is comfortable with a broad set of IT disciplines. You will report to our Director of Corporate Engineering.
If you are a candidate that enjoys translating complex requirements into scalable, technical solutions and believes in the ability to develop the skills and talents of other engineers, then please apply!
- Cloud Infrastructure. Manage back-end services like our data warehouses, front-end services, infrastructure components, and everything in between.
- Systems Management. Drive monitoring and reduction of operational overhead.
- Automation. Develop tooling and automation around operational tasks, write and review code, create documentation and capacity plans.
- Design. Participate in technical architecture review around operations.
- Collaboration. Work with other teams to deep-dive complex issues.
- Operations. Evaluate and respond to operational issues, participate in on-call rotation and be an engineering escalation contact for service incidents.
- Engineering degree, a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience building available/clustered infrastructure and programming/scripting in Python, Go, or similar technologies
- Experience using learning software, frameworks, API's and infrastructure as code (CloudFormation or Terraform)
- At least 2 years experience in configuration management (Chef/Ansible/Puppet)
- At least 5 years experience working and partnering with team members to support departmental and multi-departmental technology projects
- Requires an ability to function largely self sufficiently
- Requires an understanding of Amazon Web Services, networks and networking
- Experience building and testing your user-facing projects and have a insight about both user behavior and product design
- Experience working with security teams to build secure solutions from the design-phase
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.