Sr. Safety Ops Manager, US
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About The Role
Experienced Operations Manager to lead regional operations for the Twitch Safety Operations team.
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. The Senior Safety Operations Manager will therefore be a crucial element of the Trust & Safety team, acting as the senior member of Safety Operations in the Americas and coordinating the efforts of global moderation units across multiple locations.
Reporting to the Head of Global Safety Operations, you will help serve our growing community. We look for the qualities of fairness, initiative, and an ability to remain objective in all candidates, and we are seeking someone with a background in operational management in the fields of online Trust & Safety, content moderation or customer service.
- Lead Twitch’s Safety Operations team in the Americas to support needs and trends across multiple markets
- Work with global management peers to oversee:
- Forecast expected workloads, working to accuracy targets and experimenting with methodologies and inputs to improve
- Resourcing and scheduling of resources, following forecasts, to fulfill the processing of all workload within defined Service Level Agreements
- Implement quality assurance, training and downstream impact programs
- Work throughout the Twitch business to coordinate relevant work, with emphasis on Partnerships, Legal, Comms, Policy, CX, and Product teams
- Develop strategies for performance management and operational efficiency improvements
- Work with Trust & Safety global leadership, working across international time zones to ensure issue response following the nature of a live streaming service
- Represent Twitch Trust & Safety at relevant safety events, industry gatherings/working groups and external collaborations
- Aid the Moderation team in the handling of sensitive or disturbing content including CSAM or potentially illegal video or images
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years in an online safety, moderation or customer service field, with 5+ years of direct management experience
- Expertise in the creation and development of large operational teams
- Familiarity with different cultural considerations and nuances in the Asia Pacific region
- Experience coordinating operational teams to meet the demands of a online service or platform
- Data-driven approach to overcoming obstacles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Comfortable with working flexibly as part of a globally-dispersed 24/7/365 team
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to offensive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
- Can take sound and objective action, while recognizing personal biases or conflicts of interest
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.