(Closed) Software Engineer - VOD
The VOD (video on demand) team builds features and products that transform the magic of Twitch live broadcasts into an enduring, unique viewing experience for all fans. The team builds tools that enables creators to create, edit, feature, share and organize their content while engaging with fans no matter what time of day or night. Our team is on the cutting edge of video-editing-in-the-cloud and solving discovery with millions of hours of content.
We are looking for a front-end engineer, or full-stack engineer with web engineering skills, to join the VOD team here at Twitch. The right person will have a passion for building truly delightful UI and solving creator and viewer needs in elegant, performant ways.
- Work closely with product and UX to craft seamless experiences for discovering and viewing video content
- Use cutting-edge web technologies to build rich interfaces usually reserved for full desktop applications
- Be able to define and build APIs to support a wide variety of users, creators and use cases
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated web development
- An understanding of basic UX principles and design
- Strong foundation of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with React.js, GraphQL and/or Go
- Experience with video editing software
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.