Software Engineer - Recommendations/Machine Learning
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Twitch service is growing at rapid clip, connecting millions of creators with millions of viewers. Connecting the right viewers to the right creators helps build the community and strengthens the service. A large part of this discovery is guided by Machine Learning (ML) based recommendation systems. Twitch is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Recommendations team. You will work with Applied Scientists and software engineers to develop next-generation recommendation systems using state-of-the-art in machine learning (ML), and report to the manager of recommendations team. You will build high-quality code to help grow your team's impact and scope, and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered. You will work cross-team with product and program leadership, and will see your work used to power discovery products across Twitch. You will work towards helping Twitch viewers and content creators build thriving communities by helping viewers find relevant content and helping creators get discovered.
- Develop new product features that are powered by ML to help connect viewers and creators
- Design and develop scalable infrastructure that enables deploying machine learning models on petabytes of data
- Produce clean, high-quality, and well tested code
- Knowledge of Data structures and algorithm fundamentals
- Experience writing quality software in any of the following languages: Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++, Golang
- Knowledge of building, testing, and supporting distributed services
- 1+ years of experience
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Knowledge of supervised ML algorithms
- Experience in building data pipelines
- Experience building and maintaining ML systems in production environments
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.