Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our engineering teams are at the core of that vision. Ensuring smooth, low-latency video across the world requires large-scale, fault-tolerant systems that can keep up with millions of simultaneous viewers and thousands of broadcasters. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the thought of working across the entire CDN stack, from service load-balancing, to performance optimization, to backbone traffic management. You will help architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, and maintain our video software software. As part of our engineering teams, you will work together to enable our broadcasters and viewers to create and interact in new, innovative ways.
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and well written documentation
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other collaborators to build great experiences
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ years experience in Go or Python.
- 1+ years working with distributed, highly available systems.
- Experience building iOS features with Objective-C
- Knowledge of VAST/VPAID standards
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with mobile video playback through AVPlayer
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of C, C++
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.