Software Development Manager - Delivery Platform
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is available on a wide variety of traditional and emerging platforms, from mobile/web/desktop to gaming consoles, televisions, and Tesla in-car entertainment systems. The Client Delivery Platform team develops software in C# and Go to deliver web applications to customers quickly and efficiently. The team also develops and maintains tools for the client engineering teams. The team oversees the AWS ECS infrastructure hosting the client delivery system. We are looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) who embodies customer obsession and technical innovation, and who wants to build next-generation solutions to challenging cloud infrastructure problems in the Twitch Engineering organization.
As a Software Development Manager leading the Client Delivery Platform team, you will manage a team of knowledgeable Software Development Engineers and System Development Engineers. You provide feedback and guidance to your team in one-on-one's, code reviews, and performance evaluations. As the team's leader, use Agile methodology to plan work, set priorities for your team, meet your customers, and incorporate feedback in your plans. Contribute to your team's product code in golang and C#. You will work on services that bring Twitch to millions of customers across many platforms. You will report to the Director of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Grow and develop the engineers on your team
- Collaborate with product management resources in the Discovery and Rapid Design Phase process for product and feature development
- Drive execution and quality management of prioritized product features
- Planning and execution of your team's workload
- Operational oversight of the Twitch client delivery platform
- Review and contribute to architecture innovation, strategic planning, and experimental research
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading software engineering teams and growing engineers
- Proficiency in C# and/or Go for developing microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS or another major cloud platform
- Comfortable owning multiple products with different customers simultaneously
- Software development lifecycle and/or Agile certification
- Live operations experience for 24/7/365 service
- Experience with web application development and delivery
- Passion for video games and pop culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 - $160,000 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.