Software Development Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a software engineer on the IGDB team, you will architect and develop the IGDB website and it's supporting data products, which will improve discovery for IGDB, hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers and hundreds of third-party gaming apps and websites that use the IGDB API. We are looking for passionate engineers who are excited to dig in with us. Reporting into the IGDB Engineering Manager you will help to lead a team which applies fresh and creative ideas to overcome a range of infrastructure, code and data challenges.
At IGDB, which is part of Twitch, you'll experience the benefits of working in a fun and productive environment in the heart of Gothenburg, while applying the resources of Twitch and Amazon. Alternatively you can remote in from wherever you are in Europe/UK.
- Design, build, and maintain performant, reliable web services and applications
- Follow engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Actively contribute to code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Mentor junior peers to develop their talent and help them grow
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish projects together
- Readiness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
- Experience writing high-quality production code
- Some understanding of web application backends (MVC) and basic SQL
- Experience of team processes such as Scrum
- Experience using AWS Services
- Experience with Kotlin/Java
- Ruby on rails experience
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.