Software Development Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Like building solutions, solving hard technical challenges, and helping video content creators earn a living doing what they love? Are you excited by the idea of making hundreds of engineers more effective? If so we may have a home for you on the Builder Products team. We're looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us ship performant, high-quality, and delightful products.
Our goal is to improve the productivity and effectiveness of every engineer and leader at Twitch. Through a lens of pure customer obsession, we create a variety of internal products and services which address important areas such as availability and latency. As an engineer on our team, you will contribute your ideas, own your part, and always keep our users first in mind. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Builder Products.
Are you ready to take up the challenge and positively impact all of Twitch's engineering?
This position can also be located in San Francisco, CA and Seattle, WA.
- Build systems and products that bring visibility and enable consistency in critical areas, such as availability, quality, and security, to every team, engineer, and product owner at Twitch.
- Proactively identify solutions to problems before they impact our users
- Level up our team by contributing to software architecture and design
- Practice day-to-day ownership and customer obsession for all aspects of our products
- 4+ years experience as a software development engineer
- Experience writing quality software in one or more of the following languages: Go, Java, Python
- Experience designing, building, testing, and supporting backend services
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience with asynchronous services
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.