(Closed) Software Developer Manager
Twitch Developer Experience is changing the way we watch and play video games. Our developers use our products every day to build the future of live, multiplayer entertainment. For example, Twitch Extensions allow viewers to lean-in and be a part of the show -- providing information about the game (what character is on screen?); voting for the next segment (what game should I play next?); or, enabling viewers to manipulate the game itself (please drop me loot!).
We’re looking for an engineering manager to help us build the services that advance the frontier of playing and watching games, blurring the lines between. You’ll work across the entire company as well as with your team to create features that delight our customers. Reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll act in both supportive and leadership roles.
You’ll be partnering with product as they connect our customer’s needs to features. You’ll then be responsible for designing and scaling systems and people to exceed them. Developer Experience is a unique organization within Twitch that serves businesses and consumers, and considering scalability of solutions and processes is critical to success.
Joining our team will put you in the driver's seat for engineering these interactive experiences on and off Twitch. You’ll be sweating the details and taking pride in what you and your team build. Together with third party developers, you’ll bring never been before seen interactions to life that reach millions of users a day.
Responsibilities include direct management of 3+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. Developers require highly available systems, with a strong SLA and friendly interfaces and lifecycle. The successful candidate has thoughtful opinions on what makes a good developer experience.
You will work closely with the individual contributors on your team, as well as data science, product management across all of Twitch, product marketing, and business leadership to deliver well-engineered products that delight customers and meet the test of cutting-edge engineering craftsmanship. In addition, you will bring experience to refine development processes and motivate top talent to do their best work.
- Manage a software engineering team that designs, builds, and maintains services for Twitch’s developer products.
- Create and manage robust, highly scalable systems in order to stay ahead of the exponentially growing demand from our customers
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through strong operational excellence principles, architectural decisions, processes, and tools
- Stretch your team and you by creating opportunities to grow with every project.
- Manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering teams to streamline and improve the developer experience at Twitch
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
- 3+ years of software development experience designing and building web based scalable services
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Experience architecting and building applications or web services at scale
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow engineers to deliver high quality technology products/services
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- MS or PhD in CS or related field