(Closed) Senior Technical Program Manager - Availability
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
Have a passion for Incident Management, SRE or Chaos Engineering? Do you like helping people learn how to be graceful under fire? Want to apply your operational experience at scale? Enjoy running diverse, company-wide programs? If so, you’d be a great fit for the TPM role in Operational Excellence. The OE organization provides tools, processes and guidance to all of engineering to support higher availability, better resiliency and greater productivity. You will report to the Manager of the Availability Team within Twitch and will guide company-wide execution of essential programs on a daily basis.
- Scale and own all programs across the Incident Management lifecycle including: incident response best practices, incident commander program, post-mortem improvement program, and incident reporting
- Develop repeatable processes to create insights from outages
- Create mechanisms and opportunities to apply insights at scale
- Ensure acute availability risks are addressed promptly
- Partner with teams to establish a shared vision and promote adoption for availability initiatives
- Develop roadmaps for availability programs and communicate progress to our engineering stakeholders, including executives
- Organize and direct our incident management programs across all of Twitch engineering.
You'll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all these then we strongly encourage you to apply. If you meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you'd be great at, we strongly encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you bring something unique to the team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years experience as a technical program manager, SRE or DevOps engineer
- Experience driving diverse or company-wide programs
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
- A diverse technical acumen--actively contribute to technical discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineers and product manager on addressing challenges, and form mitigation plans
- Avid user of Twitch and a passion for gaming
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.