Senior Software Engineer - Video Clients (C++)
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of live interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision. Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an AWS Service built within Twitch that enables AWS developers to easily leverage the low-latency, highly-distributed, live video platform that powers all Twitch applications. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Core Video Clients Team is looking for an experienced C++ engineer to contribute to core functionality of our cross-platform, low-level video playback library. Our library supports web, mobile web, Android, iOS, consoles, and player SDKs for IVS.
If you're passionate about video, streaming, or entertainment, and inspired by building performant client software, then this is the position for you. We do not require previous experience working with video technologies. You will work with talented video veterans in building the client services for the largest live video streaming platform in the world. Along the way, you'll gain in-depth knowledge of our highly available and scalable end-to-end live video infrastructure.
We can't wait to see what we can build together!
- Take ownership of key components of C++ cross-platform video playback library.
- Build and maintain video features, developer tools, and operational metrics.
- Optimize for video performance and quality of service.
- Design and refactor new and existing architecture, systems, and patterns.
- Lead cross functional team projects with backend video teams from Ingest, Transcode, Replication, and Video Distribution teams.
- Design and implement test automation tools and reliable unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests for different browsers and devices (such as iOS and Android).
- Support mentorship and development best practices to influence and up-level team members.
- 8+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
- Expertise with modern C++ 11 and up.
- Experience with software architecture fundamentals, such as multi-threading, object-oriented design, abstractions, software design, and multiple testing methodologies.
- Passionate about complex technical problems and solutions.
- Experience contributing to a low-level video player
- Experience working with Emscripten and WebAssembly
- Experience working with UDP technologies like QUIC and RIST
- Experience with platform development and languages related to Web, iOS, and/or Android.
- Experience shipping production video players, SDKs, APIs, and/or client apps.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.