Senior Software Engineer (DevOps), - Video Clients
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About The Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an AWS service that allows developers to easily use the low-latency highly-distributed live video platform that powers Twitch in their own applications. The Video Clients team is looking for DevOps engineers to work on our CI/CD pipelines to support Web, iOS, and Android clients. Our tooling pipelines will need to be stable and reliable when building, testing, and deploying releases of our IVS SDKs.
You'll experience the best of both worlds while working on a brand new AWS service at Twitch—you'll be immersed in Twitch's creator-first culture and enjoy our perks while moving fast to build a new business. You'll make an impact on Twitch, the largest live video entertainment platform in the world with over 1 trillion minutes of content watched in 2020, and on a growing and evolving AWS service.
If you are passionate about video, streaming, or entertainment, and passionate about building CI/CD pipelines and automation tools, then this is the position for you.
- Collaborate with engineers to understand their build pipelines and tooling needs.
- Setup new operational systems and infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain new build and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deploy systems.
- Develop and maintain automated release systems.
- Setup and integrate new monitoring and alerting systems.
- Develop and maintain new services relevant to client operations.
- Research new technologies and tooling.
- Write automation scripts and tools in Python.
- 5+ years of experience in related DevOps roles.
- Experience configuring & managing build pipelines.
- Experience with maintaining systems designed around Infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools such as: Terraform, Docker, Cloud Development Kit, and CloudFormation.
- Experience designing and maintaining scalable cloud infrastructure like AWS EC2, S3, and/or equivalent technologies.
- Experience building CI/CD pipeline for Web, iOS, and/or Android apps and SDKs.
- Experience with building CI/CD solutions using tools like TeamCity, Jenkins, Gitlab, GitHub, and Artifactory.
- Experience writing automation scripts in Python and similar languages.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.