Senior Safety Operations Manager - APAC
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an experienced Safety Operations Manager to lead the daily fulfillment of tasks for its Safety Operations team in the APAC region.
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. The Senior Safety Operations Manager (APAC) will therefore be an element of the Trust & Safety team, coordinating the efforts of global moderation units across multiple locations.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Safety Operations, you will help serve our growing community. We look for the qualities of professionalism, initiative, and sound decision-making in all candidates, and you will have a background in operational management in the fields of online Trust & Safety, content moderation or customer service.
- Lead Twitch's Safety Operations team in the Asia Pacific region to support our needs and trends across multiple markets
- Manage team members, including line managers and individual contributors
- Work with global management peers to oversee:
- Forecast expected workload, working to accuracy targets and experimenting with methodologies and inputs to approve
- Resourcing and scheduling of resources, following forecasts, to fulfill the processing of all workload within defined Service Level Agreements
- Implement quality assurance, training and downstream impact programs
- Oversee the tracking and achievement of metrics, taking measures to ensure achievement of target performance levels
- Work throughout the Twitch business to coordinate relevant work, with emphasis on Partnerships, Legal, Comms, Policy, CX, and Product teams
- Develop strategies for performance management and operational efficiency improvements
- Collaborate with Trust & Safety global leadership, working across international time zones to ensure issue response following the nature of a live streaming service
- Represent Twitch Trust & Safety at relevant safety events, industry gatherings/working groups and external collaborations
- Aid the Moderation team in the handling of sensitive or disturbing content including CSAM or potentially illegal video or images
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years in an online safety, moderation or customer service field, with 5+ years of direct management experience
- Expertise in the creation and development of large operational teams
- Familiarity with different cultural considerations and nuances in the Asia Pacific region
- Experience coordinating operational teams to meet the demands of a fast-paced online service or platform
- Data-driven approach to problem-solving and execution
- Comfortable with working flexibly as part of a globally-dispersed 24/7/365 team
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to offensive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.