Senior Network Reliability Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, the Senior Network Development Engineer on the Network Reliability Engineering team manages the full lifecycle of the global Twitch network with a focus on reliability. The team works to understand and prevent every alert and fault in the Twitch network. You will also responsible for software lifecycle and configuration management in the Twitch network including new deployments, enhancements and migrations. You will develop automation solutions for repetitive processes and tasks.
You are autonomous, have communication dexterity, have experience delivering complex projects on time, and have an accomplished background in IP networks. The ability and interest to work in a heavy traffic and collaborative environment are important to be successful.
- Engineer solutions for network implementation, support and operations
- Manage a global backbone, including: traffic engineering, capacity planning, path diversity / fate sharing
- Partner with fellow engineers and teams on diagnosing issues, design proposals and projects
- Develop junior engineers
- Automate as much as possible
- Rotate through on-call support
- 10+ years building and operating networks
- Advanced experience in a multi-vendor environment (Arista, Juniper, Cisco, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of peering and transit interconnection relationships
- Engineered solutions in protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS-TE, IPv4/IPv6, QoS, SNMP, SYSLOG, and sFlow/NetFlow
- Experience coding automation in a modern language for example Python, Go or equivalent.
- Advanced level certification such as CCIE or equivalent
- Experience with building applications and working with software development groups
- Experience in service provider networks
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.