(Closed) Senior Manager - Media Partnerships
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position The Senior Manager, Media Partnerships role is responsible for their part in sourcing, developing, and managing our multifaceted content development and distribution strategy. This position will identify and create opportunity in a complex ecosystem and function as a leader in the effort to grow the Twitch Rivals program.
The primary objective is to establish and execute a strategy focused on the co-development and distribution of Twitch Rivals content. By identifying partners, formats, and determining ideal distribution conditions, you will support the mission to Inspire the overall UGC Esports segment on Twitch. As the responsible party for the rollout of developed and distributed content, you will work closely with the Rivals brand and production teams to bring our content to life in new formats, following exacting standards. Understanding how to create opportunities serving the overall mission, analyze and measure success, and create a precise roadmap with identifiable milestone will be key.
You will lead negotiations with partners, vendors, and distributors, representing Twitch Rivals' interests and maximizing the leverage we have. In creating new and unique deal structures, you will draw on past experience and apply a strong understanding of more traditional deal structure to drive success. You will also manage the rights and IP portfolio created by the media partnerships efforts, while protecting the core of the Twitch Rivals brand and format.
You will proactively identify, resolve and utilize a collaborative approach to overcome challenges, and be able to clearly communicate a mission, vision, and strategy and liaise between internal team members and across Twitch to effectively execute.
In addition, you must possess a track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects, be able to deliver results while dealing with ambiguity, and be able to anticipate and manage risk and change in a highly dynamic environment.
- Develop and execute a complex and scalable strategy and business case for Twitch Rivals content distribution, based on Twitch Rivals' goals
- Incorporate Twitch creator feedback to enhance and improve the path to crossover success and creator growth
- Collaborate closely with the Twitch Rivals Brand team to define and grow our global brand
- Negotiate aggressively and drive successful relationships with global partners, and Develop new and unique deal structures with external parties
- Act as a liaison for Twitch Rivals content distribution to internal and external stakeholders, program partners, and third-party vendors
- Build and develop relationships with global media organizations
- Maintain and manage a rolodex and network of content production companies, global and regional distribution companies, and influential individuals across media & distribution
- Map and prioritize regional opportunities, with a focus on global strategy. and • Understand and dissect unique aspects of foreign territories and creative formats along with global gaming communities to create compelling produced content for places other than Twitch.
- Create, define, and proactively pitch content formats and distribution models
- Design processes that scale with business growth in volume and complexity and implement them across teams
- 10+ years of professional experience in content development, procurement, or distribution
- Strong understanding of the gaming ecosystem, and strong experience navigating the global entertainment ecosystem
- Unparalleled understanding of content distribution deal structure and the ability to negotiate within and outside of these norms
- A creative spark and passion for approaching Rivals content in a way which will raise standards of quality for our viewers and partners
- Excellent network within the global media landscape, with a focus in tier one distribution territories
- Ability to work across departments at all levels of the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels in the company
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to a fast moving environment
- Ability to think clearly, grasp the big picture, analyze quantitatively and problem solve
- Ability to foster cooperation amongst business stakeholders and get things done
- Exceptional ability to project manage, think backwards, and plan for results
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.