(Closed) Senior Manager, Content Accounting
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is seeking a seasoned, self-motivated, hands-on thought leader for our Content Accounting Team with both a vision and drive for operational excellence and strong technical accounting skills. The Senior Manager of Content Accounting will lead a team of 6 and be responsible for content cost accounting and payouts for creators, esports programs, music and sponsorships. This leader will drive strategy and innovation in our workflows and accounting policies and continually improve procedures, processes and systems to support the growth of our business. The ability to work cross functionally to solve complex problems and to advise on accounting implications to drive business decisions is a must. Essential duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, and out the gate are:
- Own the monthly close for all aspects of content costs. Ensure content cost accounting is in accordance with GAAP and that content payouts are on time and accurate.
- Act as a strategic advisor to the business and subject matter expert on content cost accounting; review and document accounting treatment for content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, reducing manual touch points for recording content costs and performing payouts.
- Design and implement operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our content accounting and content payout process in line with SOX controls.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding taxes and tax reporting.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for the Content Accounting Team (people, process and systems).
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop the Content Accounting Team to reach team and individual goals and help achieve our vision.
- Be a team player and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA licence is required.
- A minimum of 7 years experience with a combination of public and private accounting. A background working in startups, media, tech or entertainment is preferred. Big 4 is a plus.
- A proven track record of at least 3 years leading and developing high performing teams.
- Have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate matters.
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency, exceptional organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Advanced excel skills and are comfortable with analyzing large data sets to make informed conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in system implementation is a plus.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.