(Closed) Senior Interconnection Manager - APAC
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient, resilient, and responsive.
We are rapidly expanding our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for someone who can help facilitate the growth of the Twitch Network.
The Twitch Global Infrastructure Planning and Acquisition Team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand and grow the Twitch's network footprint across the world. As part of this team is the Interconnection Strategy Team which sets our settlement-free and Internet Exchanges strategy, engages with peers, attend conferences and represent Twitch, grow our interconnection capacity and plan our future connectivity strategy.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale, who is excited by rapid growth and is willing to chart new territories and define new processes where there is none.
- Building and maintaining strategic long-term relationships with ISPs for effective, efficient, and scalable delivery of Twitch content to users
- Identify and negotiate Internet interconnection and peering
- Communicate progress and collaborate with a wide variety of internal teams including business development, network operations, and deployment/provisioning teams
- Extract data from network tools to build traffic matrices
- Support team in optimizing traffic patterns to minimize unit price
- Create, update, and promote internal documentation, reports, and process documents
- Work on real time QoS measurement to track and detect issues
- Work on capacity planning and evolution of all interconnections for the edge network
- Help develop internal tools for statistics and measurements (IP)
- 8+ years of Internet Interconnection work including technical and commercial knowledge of internet providers and telecommunications providers in SEAsia and India. Bonus for additional professional experience in either North/South America and Europe
- Strong Network Engineering background with deep understanding of routing protocols and network hardware technologies (routing, switching, and load-balancing)
- Experience interpreting contracts and other legal documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work with remote teams distributed around the globe, and without day-to-day direct supervision
- Relationship management experience
- Understanding of Internet networks, architectures, market pricing, capacity availability, and service providers
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Prior experience as a network engineer
- Past employment with large content providers
- Ability to work with distributed teams or different time zones
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace