(Closed) Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch’s Mobile Engineering team is responsible for developing viewing applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet, and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership. As an Engineering Manager you’ll lead the development of the core platform that powers these applications and enable feature teams to deliver delightful experiences quickly while maintaining high quality and stability bar for the applications.
- Develop roadmap and long term technical vision for the core platform
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve operational excellence of the team
- Represent your team in engineering, design, and product discussions with other teams
- Influence product strategy and drive alignment between multiple feature teams
- Increase development velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Grow the Mobile Engineering team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- 4+ years experience as an engineering manager
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for mobile platforms
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders in cross-functional groups
- Led a mobile platform team before
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Android and/or iOS
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies
- Familiarity with web technologies and languages
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticket management tools such as JIRA and Pivotal
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.