Senior Director - Tax
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About The Role
Twitch is looking for a collaborative and motivated Sr Director of Tax as part of the Twitch tax function in its evolution with a focus on our business and tax environment and an emphasis on domestic and international tax in the e-Commerce space. You will report to the Twitch Head of Tax.
As Twitch continues to grow its live streaming platform with our amazing social community, we are looking for a candidate with experience with project management who will support and grow our unique social community through your technical tax knowledge partnership with multiple teams.
- Partner centric attitude to collaborate to stay up-to-date with product programs for indirect tax and direct tax analysis
- Be an important partner in the design and solution-ing of the operationalization of certain tax strategies and changes to tax requirements relating to content licensing payments and revenue generation including automation processes such as ERP and other
- Manage both in-house and external tax planning and compliance teams relating to direct and indirect tax compliance deliverables
- Develop applicable tax requirements and to assess whether new operational guidelines
- Help with the review and analysis of income and transactional tax requirements to support global expansion plans and the changing tax landscape
- Develop scalable operational processes for transactional tax compliance
- Keep informed about changes in tax legislation in e-Commerce and to identify potential impact to Twitch business for strategic planning purposes
- Communicate with teams of new tax procedures
- CPA with a Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 12+ years experience in both public accounting and industry
- Can work with all levels of employees and diverse groups
- Can advise or present issues clearly and concisely
- Can produce deliverables and manage multiple pressing needs in a fluid setting
- Understand the current digital tax landscape and can help develop tax requirements
- Scale and process-oriented with demonstrated consistency, accuracy, and carefulness
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel (knowledge of pivot tables)
- Experience in an ERP environment: NetSuite/SAP/Oracle ( a plus )
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.