(Closed) Senior Data Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About The Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data engineers operate at the forefront of this by creating datasets that inspires analysis across all of Twitch. You will shape the way that our performance is measured, defining how we transform our data, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions.
We're looking for an experienced data engineer to join our central analytics team, which is focused on empowering staff throughout Twitch to use and trust our data. Your responsibilities may range from developing and enhancing our data warehouse which act as sources of truth across the company, driving data quality across product departments and teams, building self-service business intelligence infrastructure for analysts, and connecting into data interfaces that allow everyone in Twitch to discover and analyze the data. In the process, you will work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and will report to the Director of Central Analytics.
- Define and own team level data architecture for trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their questions.
- Keep existing data sources fresh against data quality issues, design, develop and maintain data quality assurance framework and improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work.
- Conduct unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources to validate data against source systems, and optimize performance to improve query speed and reduce cost.
- Improve search, discovery and literacy: Create exploration and visualization interfaces in our BI tools and promote the use of these sources across the company through training programs.
- Improve business and engineering team processes via data architecture, engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices. Make enhancements that improve data processes.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles.
- 3+ years in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of star schema, SQL, SQL Tuning, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience maintaining data pipelines from multiple data sources, in collaboration with diverse partners.
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- Experience working with Amazon Webservices, S3, EMR, or Redshift
- Experience in coding languages like Python/Java/Scala
- Passion for games and the gaming industry is a great bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.