(Closed) Senior Accountant - Trade AP
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We brings the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Global Payout Operations Team that is self-motivated, detail-oriented and has strong problem solving skills. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and payouts related to operational expenditures and travel and expense. This team member will drive operational excellence and continually improve procedures, processes and systems to support the growth of our business. The ability to work cross functionally to solve complex problems and to advise on accounting implications to drive business decisions is a must. Essential duties and responsibilities will evolve over time, and out the gate are:
- Contribute to the monthly close for all aspects of accounts payable and travel and expense. Ensure accounting related to operational expenditures is in accordance with GAAP and that payouts to vendors and employee reimbursements are on time and accurate
- Act as a strategic advisor to the business and subject matter expert on the procure to pay cycle and travel and expense.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, reducing manual touch points for processing invoices and expense report reimbursements and performing payouts.
- Design and implement operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our content accounting and content payout process in line with SOX controls.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding taxes and tax reporting.
- Be a team player and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA licence is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in either public or private accounting. A background working in startups, media, tech or entertainment is preferred.
- Have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate matters.
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency, exceptional organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Advanced excel skills and are comfortable with analyzing large data sets to make informed conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple teams throughout the organization.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in system implementation is a plus.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values.
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverage