Senior Accountant - Content Accounting
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About The Role
Twitch is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Content Accounting team with excellent operational and technical accounting skills. You will report to the Senior Manager of Content Accounting and work with multiple teams throughout the organization. You will be responsible for emerging growth areas including music, original programming, and brand representation. You will be an operational accounting expert, review complex contracts, and advise the business on proper accounting treatment. You will have experience working in high-growth environments and scaling accounting functions through process improvements and system implementations.
- Participate in the accounting month-end close including preparing journal entries, account reconciliation and flux analysis.
- Ensure creator and vendor payments are processed timely and accurately . Respond to inquiries from creators, vendors and business partners .
- Be a strategic advisor to the business and subject matter expert on content accounting.
- Write technical memos and perform research to make accounting determinations in accordance with GAAP.
- Drive process improvements in your area and contribute to accounting transformation projects.
- Help design and implement accounting policies and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding tax and tax reporting.
- Take full ownership of your responsibilities and understand end-to-end processes.
- Provide support for internal and external audits, as needed
- Value collaboration and take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA license is preferred . Big 4 experience is a plus .
- 4+ years experience with a combination of both public or private accounting preferred . A background working in startups, media, tech or entertainment is a plus .
- Excellent technical accounting skills with an understanding of GAAP and SOX controls.
- Experience writing technical memos and performing accounting research to make accounting determinations is preferred . Familiarity with ASC 920 and ASC 926 is a plus .
- Make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate matters.
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable with analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience.
- Experience partnering with multiple teams throughout an organization.
- Experience with Oracle R12, SAP or other ERP systems.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values .
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily in Office
- Free Snacks & Beverages in Office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.