Security Incident Response Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for candidates to join our Security Incident Response Team (SIRT). Reporting to the SIRT Manager under our Director of Security, our SIRT's mission is to help Twitch find, communicate about, handle, recover from, and especially learn from security incidents. We're looking for people with experience in security monitoring, incident handling, threat hunting, threat intelligence, or digital forensics. If that sounds interesting we encourage you to apply!
- Participate in an on-call rotation that includes your peers on the SIRT
- Qualify reports or alerts of activity as security incidents using clear guidelines that establish what a security incident is
- Evaluate the potential and realized impact of security incidents to Twitch
- Analyze threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Participate in information sharing groups; communicate securely and responsibly
- Write and follow clear procedures so that our work can be accountable, repeated, measured, and improved
- Communicate with peers and leadership about who did what to what, when, with what potential and realized impact, how we discovered it, and how we're handling it
- Coordinate security incident response activities with affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization
- Identify automation opportunities to reduce the impact of security incidents to Twitch
- 3+ years relevant experience doing information security work or equivalent BS degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields
- Automation experience using scripting or programming languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Shell, or Perl)
- Experience coordinating responses to security incidents
- Knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
- Background in cloud, host, network, and application security
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.