Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering (SecEng) team. Reporting to the SecEng manager as part of the greater Security Architecture & Engineering organization, you will work with our team to empower Twitch to build securely. We are a new team looking for people that enjoy deep diving on technical details, driving down vulnerabilities, and providing tools as products to uplift Twitch's security posture. Does that sound like you or like someone you want to become? Cool! We would like for you to apply.
As a Security Engineer on SecEng, you will work with teams across the organization to identify, prioritize, and remediate vulnerabilities relevant to Twitch infrastructure. You will build and maintain security tooling and services to support the expanding needs of the Twitch Security organization. You will research and prototype new technologies and systems to support these ends. You will work directly with Twitch teams to gather requirements and support existing solutions. You will directly contribute to the ever-evolving team goals and strategic planning.
You should be passionate about security and allowing other engineers to operate secure services. We are based in San Francisco, however we're open to you working from Seattle, WA, Irvine, CA, Austin, TX, or remote USA.
- Build automation to enable rapid remediation of vulnerabilities in third party software
- Drive company-wide vulnerability remediation campaigns
- Deploy new security tooling using AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) and Ansible
- Imbue our services with operational best practices by building automation, defining key metrics, and eliminating toil
- Participate in a (very quiet) 24x7 oncall rotation supporting Twitch Security's use of our tools
- A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Experience developing infrastructure as code using any framework
- Experience writing code in a language of your choosing (we use Go and Python)
- 3+ years of demonstrated work experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, operations, software development, or security; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- Fluency with AWS
- Experience with Splunk, ElasticSearch, or other SIEM/log management platforms
- You understand how to work with large data sets
- You have worked on managing vulnerabilities at scale
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $120,000 - $175,000 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.