Principle Engineer - Video Clients
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About The Role
Twitch and Amazon Interactive Video Service, an AWS Service built within Twitch, is helping build the future of interactive video. Twitch’s Video Engineering team is looking for a Principal Engineer to help build the future of video publish and playback clients across mobile, web and living room platforms. You will help shape the future of the largest live video platform and the experiencer of viewers and broadcasters on the platform and live video ecosystem in general. This is a unique opportunity to join at an early stage in a product that would help establish the client video experience for thousands of apps and sites across dozens of industry verticals built on the video service. Twitch is the leader in low latency live video space and you will work with a very accomplished engineering team. Your influence will span across the whole Video organization and you will help create the next generation of ultra low latency live video streaming ingestion and distribution at scale.
- Design and develop highly performant video client SDKs.
- Learn, prototype, educate and advocate new technologies to team members and leadership teams.
- Drive software development best practices and engineering excellence within several teams.
- Establish best practices, architectural principles, design patterns and methodologies, and mentor team members.
- Collaborate with several video engineering and product teams across Twitch and AWS
- Write and contribute to technical documents with high visibility across Twitch and AWS
- Stay informed about current technologies and recent developments in Video, client Video technologies and networking protocols.
- BS or PhD in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
- Development experience in iOS, Android or Web
- Experience with audio/video and graphics
- Knowledge of video and audio codecs.
- Knowledge of a UDP-based streaming protocol such as RTP, WebRTC, RIST or SRT
- Ability to decompose and solve ambiguous problems through design skills and use technical teams to build those ideas.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.