(Closed) Music Curation Manager
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Music Curation Manager for Soundtrack by Twitch will drive creator engagement through the creation and maintenance of playlists and radio stations and related curatorial tasks crucial to the quality of the Soundtrack customer experience.
You will work with the Music Licensing, Marketing, and Music Product teams on customer-facing projects. The Music Programming Manager will also work with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that user experiences are outstanding.
- Achieve high-quality music programming including playlists and stations
- Create a rolling editorial calendar
- Conceive and build a continuous content improvement process
- Drive improvements of tools and techniques required to support a growing curated music offering
- Work with the Music Licensing team to identify additional content to include in the service
- Use data to continuously refine our content offering to provide a fresh user experience for each customer
- BS/BA required
- 5+ years in work experience in radio programming, A&R; music curation, and/or running an editorial calendar
- Domain knowledge, passion and experience in curating music from up-and-coming and/or independent artists
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- You will have to set aside one’s own tastes and biases to curate music for a broad audience
- Experience taking ownership and driving results
- Experience working across cultures and languages
- Expects and requires innovation
- Has the ability to inspire passion in others
- Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
- Technical aptitude to learn web-based tools; knowledge of SQL a plus
- You are a Twitch user yourself;
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space;
- You love music.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.