Music and Sports Communications Manager
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Music & Sports Communications Manager will help build narratives, campaigns, and stories that promote music and sports on Twitch, and other non-gaming categories. Non-gaming content on Twitch has seen exponential growth, and we are looking for someone to help us continue that momentum.
You'll work with many teams internally, including the Music and Sports teams, Marketing, and Partnerships, to develop strategic and creative plans that highlight our sports and music content and creators. Over the past year, we've seen huge names in music and sports stream on Twitch, music festivals go live, and only-on-Twitch content around the biggest sports events in the world - and we are just getting started.
You are creative and self-directed with experience working on consumer-focused stories that center around content, talent or creators. You are curious about how things work and can bring a compelling story to life with few details. You can spot issues before they happen, can quickly build trusted relationships with partners, think and work across teams, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
The Music and Sports Communications Manager will report to the Head of Consumer Communications and work from Twitch's headquarters in San Francisco, our New York office, or in Los Angeles.
- In partnership with the Head of Consumer Communications, develop consumer media strategies and programs for content and creators across music, sports, and other important categories
- Identify opportunities to engage our content and creators around current events and other company and industry moments
- Establish an understanding of Twitch and our non-gaming categories to develop stories that translate to broad consumer audiences
- Work with other teams to ensure promotion of partnerships and programs
- Be a trusted, strategic advisor to peers
- Work with US and global agency partners
- 6+ years of experience in public relations, including experience working in-house
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets across many verticals
- Experience leading campaigns or programs around content and talent/creator storytelling
- Sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience in music, sports, or user-generated content businesses
- Excitement for the future of entertainment and passion for creators
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.