Media Partnerships Manager
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
The Commercialization team drives monetizable opportunities presented by third party publishers/partners, Twitch Content, Twitch Properties, and O&O media for Twitch ad sales. The team also works cross-functionally with marketing, sales partnerships, P&Y, and other teams to size opportunities and ensure alignment from go-to-market strategy and post-sales activation.
About the Role:
As the Commercialization Manager, you’ll work to coordinate the development and execution of revenue-driving initiatives in partnership with commercial stakeholders. You have a passion for synthesizing complex partnerships into simplified sales narratives that clearly communicate Twitch’s value to advertisers. You will become a subject matter expert on Twitch’s media and sponsorship ecosystem to ensure consistency in advertiser pricing and communications. You are a strategic thinker, kind, operation-oriented, and data-driven team player with a knack for integrating advertisers in a more meaningful way. You embrace ambiguity and thrive in a dynamic, challenging, ever-changing environment and will be a key consultant to sales leadership and front-line sellers. You love marketing, you have an affinity for digital media, and you want to play an instrumental role in the future of Twitch.
- Lead projects between Sales Marketing, Sales Partnerships, and regional leadership and craft in-market narratives and pitch tracking
- Project manage entire sales process from concept to sell-through.
- Assist in relationship building; co-pitch complex solutions with sales as appropriate
- Tactical Execution: collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and manage the execution of reactive requests, including RFIs/RFPs, to ensure accurate and customized responses that maximize Twitch’s chances for winning new opportunities
- Client Communications: collaborate with sales and marketing to develop client-facing communications (newsletters, training sessions, etc.) to keep Twitch top of mind and reinforce in-market messaging and new product roll-outs
- Sales Training: partner with sales marketing to develop and implement training sessions for key releases of materials and sales decks to ensure that client messaging is consistent from industry-wide press releases to daily sales calls
- Advertiser Advocacy: become a consultant to internal stakeholders by understanding and sharing client (agency or advertiser) needs, relevant performance estimations, and best-in-class marketplace positioning
- Strategy creation and execution, sales support best practices, media planning and storytelling; facilitate team development through hands-on management and mentorship
- Relevant experience in sales development, media planning, digital strategy; ideally within video, the broader digital media industry, or streaming industry, or media agency.
- Knowledge of the advertising activation ecosystem and media trafficking strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with pricing and online advertising metrics and KPIs required
- Previous experience in a role where you’ve successfully built consensus cross-functionally and amongst both leadership
- Creative thinker with the ability to formulate a cohesive, concise, data-based, narrative
- Ability to work independently is ambitious, and able to pivot; deals well with ambiguity and takes ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Team player who leads discussions; organically shares best practices and knowledge with others
- Quick learner able to grasp new concepts and deal models
- Bachelor’s Degree from a university preferred