(Closed) Lead People Partner
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is searching for a Lead People Partner (HRBP) to join our team reporting directly to the Chief People Officer. This leader will manage our global people partner function, supporting our leadership and employees to deliver strategic partnership for people programs and people experience at Twitch. In this leadership role the individual will be responsible for the operations of the People Partner function, ensuring vision, clarity and consistency of how the function works globally across the business. They will also manage, mentor and develop the people partners and represent the point of view of the people partner function with the other people & places leaders. In order to ensure connection to the business and culture, this individual will also carry a small client group of their own.
This isn’t just about running a smooth promotion process, our people partners need to have a solid understanding of our business, a connection to our employees and a passion for our culture. They develop relationships across the organization which enable them to anticipate people needs, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute. As the Lead People Partner, this individual will need to combine their experience as an HRBP with their knowledge of our culture and employee experience expectations to set operational practices for the function. Our people team is focused on enabling our business to scale, our managers to lead and our people to thrive. The people partners play a critical strategic and tactical role to achieving those outcomes. This is an opportunity to be part of an organization where you can influence the thinking around our people processes and systems, resulting in direct impact on our employee experience.
This role will require collaboration across the People and Places functions, across functions within Twitch and with our partners at Amazon.
- Oversee the global people partner function including managing the people, organizing and prioritizing the work, as well as setting clear and consistent practices for employee matters.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding employee relations matters, policy development and operational processes. Regular coaching and development of People Partners.
- Develop strong relationships with functional and business leaders and apply them to develop and lead an effective People strategy
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to executives and senior leaders
- Ensure the delivery of innovative solutions across organizational development, talent management, career development, performance management, leadership development, inclusion and culture
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows
- Partner effectively with other cross-functional teams such as People Development, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Develop knowledge and skills to reinforce the Twitch culture with leaders and employees
- Act as a liaison between recruiting and business teams. Participate in interview processes for key hires
- Drive cross functional HR projects and initiatives as needed
- Demonstrated record of successfully leading and engaging a diverse team.
- Commensurate experience in an HRBP leadership role with international scope, preferably in a tech environment. Record of high praise from both business partners and direct reports.
- Results oriented individual who operates with the business outcomes in mind while ensuring the best employee experience. Drives continuous improvement.
- Comfortable working side by side with the team when needed, and proven collaborator.
- Experience understanding strategic organizational issues and influencing change
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated by building and finding solutions
- Prior engagement and leadership of inclusion and diversity programs
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated net positive contributor to company community and culture above and beyond job duties
- Experience across both larger established organizations and smaller high growth ones.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.