(Closed) iOS Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch’s Mobile Engineering team is responsible for developing viewing applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an iOS Software Engineer, you will make major contributions to a rapidly-evolving, native app that is a portal to the Twitch community for millions of users. In the past year, our iOS engineers have:
- Leveraged Swift to update our UI components and architecture - the majority of our codebase is now written in Swift!
- Collaborated with product and design teams to deliver many features, improvements, and PogChamps to customers around the world.
- Powered up our video-playing architecture to go from one to three simultaneous streams without impacting performance or power consumption.
- Started migrating our network stack from REST to GraphQL.
- Defined and started building a highly capable mobile developer platform that empowers our team to build a delightful and robust customer experience.
- Develop and deliver new product features for our iOS application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science
- 2+ years of application development experience on iOS
- Strong proficiency with Objective-C, Swift, and the iOS development ecosystem
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with mobile video playback through MediaPlayer and ExoPlayer
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages