Infrastructure Capacity Manager
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient, resilient and responsive.
We are rapidly expanding our sizable infrastructure and are looking for a passionate, results oriented Capacity Manager that will be responsible for effective collaboration across the various business and engineering teams that make up the Twitch Video Platform to ensure the capacity needs to meet the ever changing demands for Twitch products and customers. We are looking for strong management skills with supply chain knowledge that will develop and enable a capacity process and plan in a cost effective and timely manner, while meeting performance targets. This requirement includes the ability to consider all resources to deliver this capacity while planning for short and long term requirements.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives to improve supply chain efficiency and scale
- Monitoring and reporting on network and server capacity and utilization
- Defining, documenting and publishing capacity SLAs and KPIs
- Engaging with engineering and operations teams on capacity usage and forecasts
- Engaging with engineering teams on projects to use capacity more efficiently
- Managing consolidated capacity forecasts and roadmap
- Documenting and proposing capacity expansions and maintaining the roadmap of approved capacity projects
- Contributing to and managing Capex and Opex estimates for capacity investment proposals
- Tracking capacity implementation through delivery and when needed managing high priority projects personally
- Define and maintain the capacity management processes within Infrastructure and Operations
- Define, document and communicate standards, triggers, thresholds and SLAs and ensure those are aligned with the teams across video platform that are supported
- Engage with other Video platform teams on usage of capacity, forecasted changes in technology demand and upcoming roadmap capacity.
- Engage with Business strategy to align business demand forecasts with infrastructure capacity present state and roadmaps
- Take the expertise of the position holder and Infrastructure engineering teams and instantiate that expertise in automation and tooling, dashboards, reports, workflows, intelligence models through supporting software development and data science teams.
- Engage with partner teams across AWS to align practices and processes to enable Twitch to take advantage of the scale and economies of scale presented by being part of the worlds leading IaaS organization.
- Maximize efficiency by identifying key levers that have the greatest impact on operational efficiencies
- Identify, report, and manage key metrics to track performance and support continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience; Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Demonstrated ability to work with, guide and influence software development teams
- Creative thinking skills with an emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Statistics degree
- Network engineering background
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Lean/Six Sigma process analysis and definition
- Strong data analytics
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.