Full Stack Software Engineer II - Subscriptions
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Creators are the backbone of Twitch, and their sustainability relies primarily on their ability to earn a living doing what they love. As a member of the Subscriptions engineering team, your core focus is to build products and features that enable creators to earn that living. You will be empowered to work across the stack and across functions. You will take high ownership of your services - architecting, building and operating them. You will partner with other engineers, product managers, designers and data specialists to deliver solutions.
- You work with product managers, technical leads and other engineers to design, develop, launch and operate interactive experiences
- You have a firm understanding of how to build complex distributed applications at scale. You also recognize that distributed applications have limitations, and understand how to factor those limitations in when building client-side experiences.
- You collaborate with both your team and related teams - promoting shared understanding of how to solve common problems and deliver solutions
- You obsessively care about and work backwards from the customer's experience
- You have a natural curiosity that leads you to better outcomes
- 5+ Years experience developing software in a professional environment
- Prior experience building consumer-facing products at scale
- Proficient Front-end and Back-end coding skills in modern languages and frameworks
- Experience designing and architecting consumer-facing products and applications
- Ability with algorithms, data structures, data modeling and/or schema design
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Golang, React,js and/or GraphQL
- Familiar with building software and services using AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Elasticache, Lambda, Step Functions and EC2
- Familiarity with Twitch communities, gaming and/or streaming your own content on Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.