Front-End Software Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch loves creators and is looking for a Front-end Engineer to support creators with the tools they need to succeed. As a Front-end Engineer, you will develop the products that our broadcasters use every day to stream. Our job is to make sure that every broadcaster on Twitch has a great experience, from the first-time streamer checking out the platform to the 50k+ viewer streamer making a living on Twitch. Reporting to the Creator Experience Engineering Manager, you will develop exciting new products both for Twitch Studio and Twitch’s Dashboard.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Work with the Twitch Studio Team and others to build high-quality Twitch products and broadcaster experiences
- Become familiar with the existing Twitch browser-client technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building Twitch’s browser-based clients
- You’ll identify and uphold front-end engineering best practices
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with React
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for desktop platforms.
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders across Twitch
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Windows or Mac.
- Architectural experience creating scalable web or desktop applications.
- An understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
- Familiarity with audio/video compression and streaming technologies.
- Passion for video games and streaming experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.