(Closed) Esports Player Sourcing Manager, Twitch Rivals
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch’s mission is to pioneer multi-player entertainment and grow its global community of creators. As the Esports Player Sourcing Manager for Esports Production Operations, you will be a part of the planning and execution of Twitch Esports online studio based event tournaments and live in-person events and. Twitch Creators are our players and our main customer. This role will focus on managing players for Twitch Rivals weekly tournaments from the invitation to check-in for all tournaments and all project management functions as it relates to player analytics. Additionally, this role will help execute live in person events working with the extended team to ensure all players have a positive experience. This position is a unique opportunity to help define and build one of the most unique competition series that exists in the entertainment, esports and gaming which blends the greatest of the Twitch community with ground breaking technology. Success will be delivering a mulit-player event experience that has no comparison in the marketplace.
- Develop and manage player participation lists in order to identify and source participants for competition events
- Prepare clear and concise information for players to communicate basic info around the event and FAQs
- Act as liaison with Twitch Partnerships in communicating event schedules, goals and player focus. Work with Partnership account managers to communicate with larger tier Twitch creators
- Improve manual process steps by continuously identifying opportunities for improvement in an effort to raise efficiency and also the quality of shows and events
- Manage post event player participation for reporting purposes
- Manage player payment processing across all events working across internal departments
- Oversee player management on site at live in person tournaments
- 5+ years of experience related to coordinating, administering and managing esports tournaments. Including roles in esports oriented events which involved 50+ players, custom rule sets and payment processes for players.
- 2+ years experience of successfully developing and executing large scale gaming, broadcast, or sports events
- A strong acumen in Excel/Google Sheets for scheduling, player rosters and comfort working with large data sets and dashboards
- Relentless attention to detail and passion for documenting and organizing information so that it is clear and remains current
- Proactive mindset anticipating issues or miscommunication among many stakeholders and fixing issues before they become major problems
- Deep awareness of Esports player community across all game titles
- Driven sense of ownership, leadership, and accountability
- Ability to travel to multiple live in person events throughout the course of the year and manager player operations on site
- Demonstrated an eagerness to learn and expand skill set and a positive attitude!
- A deep rolodex of contacts and endemic knowledge of how to use that rolodex to fill gaps. And as our workload scales, you know the best professionals in the industry to whom we can outsource this work as needed
- Experience directly with esports live events. We want the best person for the job, regardless of if they’re joining us from a primarily esports background or not . However, any experience in leading production of video game live events is a bonus
- A network of esports and general gaming connections. Some of our best ideas come from our friends. We’d love for you to bring some to the party
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We’re partial to folks who genuinely love our product