Engineering Manager - Technology
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
The Original Content Technology team creates creative solutions for unique-to-Twitch and AWS IVS broadcast productions and live event experiences. As an Engineering Manager, Original Content Technology, you will develop new ways of engaging audiences by creating technologies for broadcast producers, content creators, and viewers. You will report to the Sr Manager, Original Content Technology and work directly with content program managers, broadcast production vendors, creators, and numerous technical and business teams throughout Twitch. Members of the team support hundreds of our largest productions and business partners across events like TwitchCon, Streamer Bowl, Twitch Rivals, The Gathering, Games Done Quick, Prime Day, and more!
You will manage a team of engineers across numerous disciplines globally, tackling challenges with a range of customers, release requirements, codebases, and deployment processes. You will work with leadership across teams to establish and translate product visions into technical roadmaps, validate complex system design, drive code review, and ensure sustainable code habits and quality. If you are passionate about creating new broadcast experiences, empowering users and creators to interact in new ways, and building tools that make new types of shows possible - come join us!
Please consider the responsibilities detailed below to be a mix of expectations and opportunities. We don't expect everyone to already be great at everything, and this team innovates frequently in new disciplines.
This position can be located in Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York, NY.
- Evaluate opportunities and technologies across numerous disciplines (Automated cloud deployments/scaling, VR/XR, Machine Learning, Game Engines, Video Processing)
- Manage release schedules around product milestones on a portfolio of product solutions
- Attract and grow excellent software engineers
- Work with internal and external partners on numerous discrete simultaneous projects
- Make data-driven decisions to balance product requirements with engineering realities
- Lead software development quality and processes across the team
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- 5+ years of technical experience building reliable and well tested software solutions
- Familiarity or expertise with C++, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Ubuntu, Go, and build automation solutions
- One or more AWS cloud certifications
- Experience leading remote-friendly software development teams
- Professional Broadcast Production or video distribution experience
- Familiarity with Twitch, as a viewer or creator
- Interest in video technologies, h.264, ffmpeg, NDI, and SDI
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.