Engineering Manager - Identity
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Identity team oversees a variety of core systems at Twitch including those that store who-am-I information about users, implement business logic for privacy compliance, and handle authorization and authentication. These systems sit at the bottom of the call stack of many other systems in Twitch's microservices-based architecture and are essential to Twitch's ongoing success. Managing these systems is an ongoing challenge because they are complex, high throughput and require intense focus on security.
As an engineering manager on the Identity team, you will manage the daily operations of the Identity team's authentication and authorization systems and supervising at least 5 engineers. Additionally, you will partner with the team's product manager to inform your projects' product direction and translate product vision into an executable engineering roadmap. You will report to the Director of Client Engineering.
- Take an ownership role for Identity's authentication and authorization systems.
- Run the daily operations of various Identity's authentication and authorization systems which includes prioritizing engineering work, defining sprints, and conducting operations meetings.
- Manage and develop engineers directly under your guidance.
- Partner with the team's product manager to inform product direction and translate project vision into an executable engineering roadmap.
- Partner with the group director to inform the mission , vision and strategy of the team.
- Collaborate with teams from across the company on Twitch-wide programs such as Central Tech Initiatives .
- Gather feedback from customers to determine prioritization of engineering work.
- Serve in an on-call capacity
- 4+ years of work experience as an engineering manager supervising at least 3 engineers.
- Experience running the daily operations of software engineering projects of significant complexity.
- Experience hiring and developing engineers under your guidance.
- Experience gathering feedback from customers to inform engineering prioritization.
- Background in authentication and authorization systems, especially oAuth.
- Experience in the Go programming language
- Experience using and managing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.