(Closed) Engineering Manager
Like building platforms and tools, hard technical challenges, and enabling video content creators to earn a living doing what they love? We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to work company-wide to deliver our new builder platform and tools. You will identify holes and gaps and deliver on a world class, next gen set of tools for all developers at Twitch. You will have company wide impact while accelerating development and ensuring operational excellence of Twitch.tv.
A perfect fit in this environment requires you to be someone looking to constantly improve. You are adaptable and able to meet challenging goals in an agile team. Your self motivation and proactive approach maintains momentum and progress. As a proven collaborator across all disciplines, you can quickly learn new technologies and weird things built on old ones.
Responsibilities include direct management of 6 engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. Platforms & Services requires a highly available system, with strong a SLA and developer friendly designs. The successful candidate has thoughtful opinions on what makes a good developer experience. You will work closely with the individual contributors on your team, as well as engineers across all of Twitch to deliver well-engineered products that delight internal customers and meet the test of cutting-edge engineering craftsmanship. In addition, you will bring experience to refine development processes and motivate top talent to do their best work.
- Lead a team of 6 engineers in delivering a great builder platform at Twitch
- Mentor and grow engineers both internally and externally
- Build new and support existing tools shared across Twitch to make software better
- Develop tools and automation to ease the setup and maintenance of services
- Participate in setting a company wide vision for software development
- Work closely with internal teams to find the right solution
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Mature understanding of every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, support, and deprecation
- Strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Understanding of deployment tools and the software that makes software work
- A desire to constantly make things better
- Experience as a developer
- Knowledge of Go and its ecosystem
- Experience with tools
- Familiarity with Java and Ruby
- Experience with a monitoring / alarming solution (Cloudwatch or otherwise)
- Familiarity with Twitch and/or video games
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.