EMEA Communications Manager
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Communications Manager, EMEA will build proactive and reactive narratives which promote an understanding of and interest in Twitch in Europe.
This role is a pan-European role, based in London, meaning you will bring campaigns and stories to life across geographies. You'll work with several teams internally including partnerships, marketing, and content to promote who and what is streaming on Twitch. You will work with product marketing and product management to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new features, communicate updates, and keep our communities informed on the benefits of what we're building. You will also work with the sales team to promote revenue stories and demonstrate the unique opportunities for advertisers on Twitch while also supporting the broader communications team in crisis and issues management. You will report to the Director of Communications and be supported by a network of agencies.
You have developed great instincts and you are comfortable working with media, under pressure, on tight deadlines and juggling several priorities. You are motivated, passionate, and positive with an eye for details. You have experience in and passion for the scope of the communications landscape and can build trusted relationships with strategic partners, and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Implement strategic plans and tell exciting, generated stories to help build Twitch's brand in the consumer, corporate and B2B landscapes
- Manage agency relationships across geographies
- Help develop proactive and reactive communications plans and campaigns to be deployed across geographical locations
- Tailor global storytelling to different markets
- Build and maintain relationships with important reporters
- Develop and support strategic speaking opportunities for company executives
- Build the foundational materials needed to achieve compelling narratives
- 5+ years of experience in public relations
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
- Strong experience being a company spokesperson
- Demonstrate good judgment in fast-paced and sometimes vague situations
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- French, German, Spanish or Italian language skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programmes (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.