(Closed) Director - Influencer Marketing
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
As part of the Growth Marketing team in San Francisco, CA, the Director of Influencer Marketing will oversee the activation of off-platform influencers and on-platform creators that support Twitch marketing efforts. This role will help Twitch achieve perception and conversion goals through building and maintaining best-in-class influencer strategies and programming.
This Director role will be focused on executing influencer work that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and business growth. The role is extremely cross-collaborative, working closely with external agencies, Partnerships, Integrated Marketing, Content, and Social to expand the role of influencer as a key brand channel within national and international campaigns. This media all-star will report to the Campaign Channel Director and be responsible for overseeing a team small team of influencer managers.
- Develop and deploy global influencer marketing in partnership with key internal partners (Partnerships, PR/Communications, Marketing, Events) and global external agencies
- Create a holistic approach to utilizing on and off platform influencers in tandem, apart, and when each of those instances should occur
- Work closely with media team to support the development of influencer strategies within channels plans as a creative and resonant way to drive scale, amplify a brand story, educate and inspire consumers, while improving social sentiment and recognition
- Build the Twitch Tribe by leading the development of a consistent influencer marketing scorecard, bringing net new influencers and their audiences to the platform. This includes continuously identifying new influencers/talent while deepening existing relationships and building brand loyalty
- Source talent involvement for Marketing materials and events. Must be able to work up and scale down, able to assist in the entire campaign management process, from talent negotiation to briefing to campaign creation to content review to execution, across multiple platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Blogs, Podcasts, and more
- Work with external partnerships and custom advertising programs to ideate custom programs for client groups and source talent. Connect client groups with relevant influencers for their audience segment(s), and create effective marketing programs. Able to function as a talent agency for on-platform creators without agency representation. Become a knowledge center for client groups who require guidance as they form their marketing plans and tactical initiatives
- Own senior level communication with networks, agencies, and vendors; manage key creator relationships
- Develop a framework for distribution of influencer content across paid, owned and earned outlets to yield sufficient levels of exposure to desired audiences and quality engagements
- Track, measure and analyze performance across all campaigns and make strategic optimizations to achieve and exceed brand and growth KPIs. Uplevel learnings to adapt and build improved strategies over time
- Work closely with the Community team to ensure activations are on target for both viewers and other creators. Tie in with Partnerships to ensure all leveraged talent is on-brand and is brand safe
- 10+ years experience leading global influencer marketing for a consumer brand
- Strong understanding of the Twitch community, creators, and gaming landscape
- Top line understanding of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Tik Tok, Reddit, Twitter, and Twitch itself. You can clearly articulate what content belong on what channel and why.
- Demonstrate experience developing business cases and ROI analyses that secure additional marketing investment for influencer marketing activities
- Be an expert on the latest social media and influencer trends and tools, providing recommendations on new channels to test and develop new ways of partnering with influencers.
- If you understand the gaming landscape
- You have worked at a company that has its own creator/influencer arm
- You are a social influencer outside of work
- Understand other digital marketing channels
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.