Director - Corporate Engineering
How do we take tens of millions of content creators, connect them with hundreds of millions of viewers, on a platform that is second to none? It starts with welcoming everyone but choosing only the best. It's the willingness to experiment to decide, and about commitment, not compliance. These are just a few of the driving principles behind the Twitch IT organization.
Twitch is searching for a leader with an action-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations, who operates with vision and integrity. A person who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer first, partnerships across all boundaries, and has the desire to continually evolve the value of Twitch IT. The Director of Corporate Engineering can expect to play an active role in the vision and strategy of software development and systems engineering for the corporate environment, build a corporate engineering team second to none, plan and monitor work schedules, while participating on the Head of IT’s senior staff.
If you are a candidate that has the vision of what could be, exceptional leadership, communication and project skills, years of people management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
- Build a corporate engineering team of managers, systems engineers, and software developers that support the needs and growth of the Twitch IT and the Twitch business
- Implementing best practice engineering methods
- Providing technical guidance to engineering teams and top management
- Maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Build and support organizational objectives through strategies and goal setting such as developing innovative self-service tooling that empowers and reduce friction for our customers
- Develop internal applications that are elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams to understanding the needs of our customers
- Develop and regularly report on success KPIs that measure return on investment of development efforts against improving company productivity
- Ruthlessly prioritize development workload against available resources and level of impact
- 10+ years of overall technical experience, including deep technical knowledge of large-scale services
- 8+ years of experience leading multiple engineering and technical program management teams
- 5+ years of experience of managing products, budgets, and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Demonstrated team building skills – be able to bring people together, hire, develop, and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments
- A record of driving outstanding operations for large-scale technology services
- Must be able to effectively hold others departments accountable while maintaining good working relations with them
- A proven track record of innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.