Datacenter Operations Support Technician
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an experienced Data Center Support Technician to provide local and remote support for its Global Edge & PoP (Point of Presence) locations. As a Data Center Support Technician at Twitch, you will help maintain a network and computing infrastructure across several global locations.
In addition to daily support of escalated Operational tickets, you may travel between Edge sites conducting routine audits and service assessments. You will also provide remote support to our teams during scheduled maintenance, operational, and service impacting events.
Your role will involve some periods working independently from your team while maintaining communications. You will have experience building relationships with our customers along with creating solutions to meet technical issues as they arise.
You will have previous hands-on technical troubleshooting experience and a track record for solving complex problems. You will create project build documentation.
Most of all, you will also have a passion for technology and a desire to be the best at your job every day!
- Promote daily operational management of the planning, installation, maintenance, break/fix support, server hardware operation, and supporting infrastructure at scale
- Ensure an amazing Twitch experience on our infrastructure while working to keep operating costs to a minimum
- Mentor and develop teammates such that they can run daily operations
- Assist and support Twitch Infrastructure teams with the development of new POP sites and Origin Datacenters
- Work with Twitch engineering and teams around the globe to evolve and improve processes and approaches in a way to allow Twitch to grow
- Create and guide a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration, and safety
- Work with several teams including business development, network operations and deployment/provisioning team
- Promote the development of toolsets and processes which support:
- Data-driven operations
- Efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers and storage hardware)
- Timely equipment repair and upgrades
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware and Linux OS
- Provide reporting and capability to manage to main metrics
- Bachelor's Degree (or relevant experience) in a computer science related field
- 4 + years working in a data center operations environment
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration
- Excellent knowledge of Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
- Good networking knowledge of TCP/IP
- Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase, etc.
- Familiar with datacenter design in relation to heat dissipation and air flow
- International travel (~50%)
- Lift equipment weighing 50 lbs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.