(Closed) Data Science Intern
For this role, we’re looking for a data scientist intern who will assist our 3rd party API team. The 3rd party API team’s mission is to help connect developers with Twitch data and services. Your role on the team is to provide insights into the customer’s use of the API and guide stakeholders towards better decision making from the available data. In a typical week or month, you will be responsible for data instrumentation, dashboard/report building, metrics reviews, and ad hoc analysis.
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: manage communications with your stakeholders and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product expert through data, develop trust among your peers and stakeholders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with stakeholders and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches
- Operationalize data processes: provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
- SQL Proficiency: you should be able to write queries to answer most business questions
- Data Fluency: you can use data to help someone understand their business performance
- Analytical Toolkit : you can use different methods to analyze results, including time series analysis, experimental design, and data visualization
- Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
- Statistics knowledge and hypothesis testing experience
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Housing & competitive stipend provided
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Flexible PTO
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.