Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are the Original Content Team at Twitch and our mission is to empower streamers through owned and operated content franchises rooted in interactive and participatory content. We put creativity and technology on the same plane by pushing the boundaries of modern day storytelling. We believe the best ideas originate in the community and we can only make them better through creator participation and a high bar of excellence. You will be a part of an expanding team that creates and produces content across gaming news and competition, sports, music and other cultural moments. You will guide the creation of original content ideas through graphic design, original video, and many other creative expressions of the Twitch Original Content portfolio. You will be a student of Twitch chat and transform that voice into imaginative ideas and inspiring ways of audience participation. You will report to our Creative & Editorial Director on the Original Content team.
- Develop original creative strategy, designs, and video plans for established or upcoming content franchises at Twitch
- Write engaging creative documents - including treatments, creative briefs, and concept decks
- Brainstorm ideas and work with team to prototype concepts (mood boards, mockups, animatics, and test shows)
- Develop sustainable formats that strengthen branding across our owned and operated channels and foster building a deeper connection with the audience
- Translate marketing/social data and use research to make strategic creative improvements to content and programs, while still knowing when to take creative risks
- Provide feedback to creative vendors, agencies, and creative contractors
- Develop new content output channels and grow them as effective community resources
- Be a creative vehicle between Original Content team and other departments, including but no limited to: Marketing, Creative Services, Sales, Partnerships, Business Development, and Live Events
- 6+ years experience working in a high-output creative environment like a broadcast network, production company or creative agency
- Background in production or post-production, with a portfolio of editorial creative that inspires conversation and engagement
- Sophistication in relationship management with high-profile talent and comfort coaching less-experienced talent
- A natural storyteller with expertise in gaming and interactive entertainment
- Work with multiple teams across a fast-growing company, bridge communication, and incorporate the best ideas while staying on budget
- Manage projects across varying scope, timelines, and resources
- Experience with graphic design and editorial workflow. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects
- Experience working with content creators from various media platforms to develop creative content
- A network of industry relationships with game publishers/developers, studios, production companies, and freelance artists
- Have experience leading A/B testing and analysis with focus groups
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We're partial to folks who genuinely love our product and know our Creators.
- You love gaming and have a deep knowledge of game culture, memes, and you stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.