(Closed) Controller - APAC
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About The Role
Twitch is looking for a Regional Controller - APAC role based in Singapore. The role is involved in providing controllership over all financial information/activities in the APAC/SEA region and partners with Finance team to provide strategic financial advice and support to the region's senior management team. You will report directly to the Global Controller for Twitch and be a valued member of the APAC/SEA Regional Management team. It requires the ability to travel.
You have broad accounting experience along with a high level of knowledge of US GAAP with an ability to research multiple accounting topics and communicate, through methods, the appropriate application of those accounting topics. You can apply US GAAP and have knowledge of foreign statutory GAAP treatment and industry best practices in accounting and business.
Your success means you align resources and talents to achieve results tactically. You are motivated to establish a center of excellence for the accounting function, think about governance and compliance, and display confidence and reliability.
- Oversee complete, accurate financial reporting for APAC following US GAAP and statutory reporting, including treatment for inter-company transactions, local tax and compliance, and accounting matters on the region.
- Manage month end and quarterly close processes for APAC, including BS and IS flux analysis, account reconciliations and report submissions to US/Amazon.
- Provide transaction support (Ads, AP, Commissions) as needed; support globalization and automation efforts
- Provide support to the APAC General Manager, partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team in evaluating actual, forecasted, and budgeted financial results (QBR/MBR)
- Coordinate with Twitch’s US and Amazon internationally-based tax and US accounting teams and third-party service providers to ensure VAT and related filings and other compliance with foreign jurisdictions, including review of statutory filings.
- Drive implementations and roll-outs of global tools (P2P, T&E, etc) within APAC.
- Align with, and support a shared services strategy for APAC
- Review contracts to ensure accounting treatment is accordance with GAAP and Corporate guidelines, and for operationalization concerning revenue recognition and revenue share/content payments
- Collaborate with the business and other team members to understand the fundamental business operations to enhance and enforce financial controls over transactions and processes
- Review all international controls and propose and implement new and amended control procedures
- Develop international and regional accounting and financial related company procedures
- Guide implementation of SAP S4 within APAC region
- Liaison with US and Amazon regional accounting teams to ensure understanding on policy and local accounting matters
- Review account reconciliations and files supporting the G/L balances of the subsidiaries.
- Review journal entries for the subsidiaries.
- Prepare accounting research and memorandum as needed
- Support country specific statutory audits of countries in which we operate.
- Review audit schedules and fulfill requests from all audit teams
- Maintain the chart of accounts for our APAC subsidiaries, ensure agreement with US and Amazon
- Help establish and document internal control processes, including SOX controls reporting structure.
- Identify workflow process improvements, provide recommendations and build on the changes.
- Create relationships with service providers and contractors, including and not limited to banking institutions and accountants
- Coordinating with US Corporate Accounting and Amazon Treasury monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Bachelor in Accounting degree or related finance field and credentials (ISCA/CPA/CA/CIMA/ACA/ ACCA) are important
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in finance overall. At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role .
- Strong technical and operational skills.
- Capability to develop processes in new entities
- Capability to work and lead in multicultural environments and under pressure
- Demonstrate capability in developing systems and managing change
- Experience working for an international similar work environment. Similar regional exposure is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off