Ads Design Manager
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for someone to infuse design best practices into the growing advertising business. Under your leadership you will help establish a vision and build a team to provide an unforgettable product experience that puts customers at the center of each touch point. You will have a fluency in strategy, research and development while working collaboratively with partner teams across Product, Marketing and Engineering to provide superior advertising experiences. The advertising experience spans the scope of working across Twitch surfaces to provide a delightful and smooth viewer experience. If you're up for the challenge of taking on global scale problems, we'd love to meet you!
- Create the vision for developing the user experience design for ads products across platforms.
- Lead a team of product designers to create useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
- Determine and champion customer research for your team to improve customer understanding and problem definition.
- Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing project delivery.
- Continue the growth and development of a team through design reviews, coaching, skills growth, and supporting ongoing learning
- Lead cross-discipline workshops, strategic design discussions, and design reviews with peers and partners
- Develop relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
- 5+ years working in user experience design including consumer products
- 2+ years of experience managing teams, performance of direct reports, and project deliverables
- 5+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and partners for implementation of designs
- You are steadfast in encouraging a safe work environment for a diverse group of experienced designers
- You are motivated by understanding and learning first and acting second
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications, and strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques, and guiding direct reports to do the same.
- As a design leader, you will work with product owners to set product direction, and influence the strategy of the advertising experience.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-centered design (HCD) or human-computer interaction (HCI), or commensurate experience
- Experience in B2C entertainment and 2-sided marketplaces.
- Advocated for design and user experience at the highest levels of a mid-size or larger consumer business
- Developed a design vision or performed complex design solutions for a multi-sided marketplace
- Understand and write front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Expertise with Figma and Principle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.