Accounting Manager - EMEA
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an Accounting Manager - EMEA / LATAM role based in London. You will help provide support to the controllership and finance for related accounting and financial information/activities in the EMEA / LATAM region. You will report directly to the Regional APAC Controller for Twitch and is a valued member of the EMEA / LATAM Regional finance team.
You have broad accounting experience along with a high level of knowledge of US GAAP with an ability to research several accounting topics and communicate the appropriate application of those accounting topics. You can apply US GAAP and have knowledge of local/country specific statutory IFRS/GAAP treatment as well experience building and operating processes for accounting and finance.
- Support complete, accurate financial reports for EMEA / LATAM following US GAAP and statutory reporting, including treatment for inter-company transactions, local tax and compliance, and accounting matters of the region.
- Lead the month end and quarterly close processes for EMEA / LATAM
- Support globalisation and automation efforts
- Provide support to the International Controller, and partnering with the Financial Planning and Analysis team in preparing and reviewing actual, forecasted, and budgeted financial results (QBR/MBR)
- Coordinate with Twitch's US and Amazon internationally-based tax and US accounting teams and third-party service providers to ensure VAT and related filings and other compliance with foreign jurisdictions, including review of statutory filings.
- Help support implementations and rollouts of global tools (P2P, T&E) within EMEA / LATAM.
- Work with the business and other partners to understand the fundamental business operations to enhance and enforce financial controls over transactions and processes
- Understand Twitch and Amazon policies, procedures and controls; develop and operationalise new and amended controls and procedures
- Operate Twitch and Amazon accounting and financial related company systems and tools,
- Coordinate with US Corporate Accounting and Amazon Treasury monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Coordinate with International and US Amazon teams to support the tax, accounting and other compliance and close processes and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor in Accounting Degree or related accounting related credentials (ISCA/ CPA/ CA/ CIMA/ ACA/ ACCA) are essential
- 10 years of experience in accounting overall. At least 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Strong Technical Accounting and Compliance Skills
- Capability to develop policies, controls and processes
- An interest in Data Analytics (Analytics tools, PowerBI, Tableau)
- Demonstrate ability in developing systems and managing change
- Capability to work independently and lead multicultural environments
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.