Company Background: Turtle Beach Corporation is one of the world’s leading gaming audio and accessory providers. The Turtle Beach brand is known for pioneering first-to-market features and patented innovations in high-quality, comfort-driven headsets for all levels of gamer, making it a fan-favorite brand and the market leader in console gaming audio for the last decade. Turtle Beach’s ROCCAT brand combines detail-loving German innovation with a genuine passion for designing the best PC gaming products. Under the ROCCAT brand, Turtle Beach creates award-winning keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads, and other PC accessories. Turtle Beach’s NEAT Microphones brand is all about creating the next generation of microphones, with products that embrace cutting-edge audio technology and innovative design. Turtle Beach’s shares are traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
Turtle Beach Corporation is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has been at the forefront of music and audio technology for more than three decades and is recognized as a pioneer of today’s PC audio industry.
Turtle Beach Europe Ltd is a 100% owned subsidiary of Voyetra Turtle Beach. Turtle Beach Europe Ltd manages business activities across EMEA and APAC, via offices in Basingstoke (UK), Hamburg (Germany), and Taipei (Taiwan).
Turtle Beach believes diversity in the workplace creates an environment where different perspectives lead to improved creativity, productivity, team member engagement, and overall employee happiness. We’re simply looking for the best persons for the job, and if that’s you…let’s talk!
Summary: Turtle Beach is seeking a Firmware Engineer to become an integral part of our audio headset engineering team in California. The selected candidate will work with our experienced engineering staff in the development of our gaming headsets. Work will include analysis, design, development, integration, and testing of firmware for our products. The work will be highly collaborative with firmware engineers, hardware engineers, and test engineers. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for candidates interested in working in a fast-paced, team environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop embedded software for high-volume consumer audio products
- Work with product managers and third-party vendors gathering requirements
- Create software architectures
- Participate in peer reviews
- Develop software in C and assembly for headsets or related products
- Unit test firmware
- Debug and fix software defects
- Collaborate with firmware, software, hardware, and test engineers to deliver products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience preferred
- Solid fundamentals in object-oriented programming and data structures
- Worked with embedded CPUs, 8051, ARM, Microchip, NXP, Freescale, CSR
- Data Communication over USB, UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, Bluetooth, BLE, WiFi
- Real-time, multi-threading experience, interrupts, RTOS, and bare metal systems
- Experience with Bootloaders, FLASH, EEPROM, timers, DMAs, peripheral drivers
- Familiarity with digital audio processing, A/D, and D/A audio converters
- Digital electronics, schematics, and, board bring up
- Debugging with emulators, debuggers, JTAG, IDEs, and unit tests
- Experience with Consumer Electronics, Audio, or Gaming a plus
- Programming experience in C++, C#, Python, shell scripting a plus